Our spooky and YUMMY pumpkin truffle pops taste like Fall on a stick. They are also a great way to sneak nutritious pumpkins into your life to help make your body strong (pumpkins are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and even iron and vitamin B-6). Plus, these tasty, NO BAKE Halloween pops are just as fun to decorate as they are to eat. Princess Rain made spooky ghosts and spiders with pretzel legs, but, truly, the possibilities are endless (imagine orange candy melt pumpkins, or spooky green witches). Be creative!
You will need:
½ cup canned or pureed cooked pumpkin
2 ½ oz. cream cheese
2 sleeves (18 to 20) graham crackers
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
About a 10 oz. bag of white, dark, or semisweet chocolate chips or colorful candy melts
Cake pop sticks (optional)
Candies, sprinkles, pretzels, etc. for decorating
- Wash your hands.
- Pour graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Add pumpkin, cream cheese, and pumpkin pie spice, and pulse until mixture forms a dough. (Note: you can crush crackers into crumbs and blend ingredients with a hand mixer if you do not have a food processor.)
- Chill for ½ hour.
- Pour chips or candy melts into a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Cook for 1 minute in the microwave. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. If necessary, cook for another 30 seconds and stir again. (You can also use a double boiler; just place chips in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir until they melt, and then remove from heat.)
- Roll about a tablespoon of pumpkin dough into a ball with CLEAN hands. Dip the tip of your cake pop stick (about a quarter inch) into your melted topping. Gently, insert stick nearly halfway into your truffle.
- Dip truffle pop into chocolate, supporting from the bottom with a fork. Decorate while chocolate is still warm.
- Chill for ½ hour or freeze (these become creamy and DELICIOUS pumpkin cheesecake popsicles when frozen).
We hope you enjoy this treat as much as we do! Have a wonderful and safe Halloween!