Warm someone’s heart this Valentine’s Day with these sweet, little tarts. Part cheesecake and part chocolate covered strawberry, these berry-red bites are beautiful at any holiday party. For a variation, try using raspberries or white chocolate chips.
12 crushed Oreos or other chocolate sandwich cookie
2 ½ TBS. melted butter
8oz. cream cheese
2 Tbs. lemon juice
½ tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
¾ cup melted chocolate chips (milk chocolate, semi sweet, or bittersweet)
18 Strawberries, washed, dried, and hulled
You will also need mini cupcake pans and 18 paper liners (optional).
- Wash your hands.
- Line your mini muffin pan(s) with paper liners (optional). Lightly spray papers or pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix crushed cookies and melted butter.
- Firmly press about a heaping tablespoon of cookie mixture into each mini cupcake cup (we used a little glass to help us press the crumbs together, but you can just use your fingers).
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice together until fluffy.
- Spoon or pipe about a tablespoon of filling onto each crust (we put the filling in a plastic, zipper bag and cut off the corner).
- Melt chocolate chips for one minute in heat proof bowl. Stir for 30 seconds. Melt for an additional 30 seconds if necessary.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of chocolate on top of cream cheese filling.
- Quickly top with a strawberry, hull side down.
- Drizzle with more chocolate.
- Chill for 2 hours. Then serve!
We hope you enjoy these as much as we do!!!